Tuesday 8 September 2015

BRITISH BOOK DAY AUTHOR 30 - D.H.SIDEBOTTOM

mae.jpg

Title: The Decimation of Mae
(Blue Butterfly #1)
Published: July 13, 2014

***WARNING***
This story doesn’t contain hearts and flowers, it doesn’t even contain the word ‘love’. It isn’t for the fainthearted, nor those who want romance and happy ever afters.
It’s dark, in fact it goes beyond the dark realms of misery and despair. It makes your heart suffer, it will beat you down and it will still demand more from you.
Yet it is still a story of hope and courage. Friendships develop and understanding digs deep, whilst acceptance and surrender give way to reverence and sacrifice.
It contains disturbing scenes of sexual violence, cruelty and torture. It also includes self-harm, pain addiction and brutalisation.
Please bear this in mind before purchasing this book. Thank you.

****

The Devil visited me three times in my life; albeit, my short life. Not in the physical sense, you must understand, but very much literally.

He was persistent, resolute and tenacious. His ruthless greed to annihilate me was utterly disturbing. I am sure if he had hierarchy, the man at the top would have dragged his arse into Hell’s prison for his unscrupulous methods.

I was just fifteen when I first became aware of what he was capable of. This initial taste of him set the playing field for how my life was to be lived – for want of a better word.
He mocked me, showed me mercilessly how he played the game and how he liked to cheat at said game. He ridiculed and taunted me until, six months later, he won and took something of so much importance from me that I would never be the same again.

His second visit was, in my eyes, so much more cruel and heartless. I know we’re talking about the Devil here, and yes, you have a right to say he had no heart but even then, even when I was so utterly broken, I begged to differ and hoped – no, prayed – that somewhere deep in the caverns of his black, tortured soul there was something that beat and confused his emotions once in a while.

The third visit was somewhat different than the other two. He tried, and at first succeeded to bring me to my knees once and for all, but then something happened. God finally intervened and altered Satan’s intention; he sent hope and morphed the Devil’s minion into an Angel, hoping to break and shatter the anguish and suffering. He gave the ability for me to feel pleasure in pain, order in the chaos and light in the darkness.
But in giving me a reprieve, he also gave me something that would finally and ultimately obliterate me. He gave me the capability to love, therefore giving me the ability to be destroyed.
And Satan made sure that I was destroyed. Cruelly, viciously and sadistically.

I am Mae Swift, and this is the story of my decimation.

Amazon US: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LT3SVMG
Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LT3SVMG
Amazon CA: http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00LT3SVMG
Amazon AU: http://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B00LT3SVMG


10695_753140778106135_4385087268923233684_n.jpg
Surrender (Devine #1)

Love.
Would we do anything for it? Really put our morals and beliefs, everything we thought right and honourable in front of us and stamp on them all in the name of love?
And by wrong, I don’t mean something simple, like turning a blind eye to someone’s addiction, or the fact that the person we are in love with used to be the school bully or uses prostitutes to overcome some deep dark secret they’ve never coped with from their childhood.
By wrong, I mean the lowest, most corrupt and ruthless things that someone could ever do. Murder, prostitution, drug dealing, cage fighting, all of the above and more. Could you allow all that just because your heart can’t live without the person that makes your soul dance on dark days, brings you laughter on the day when hell threatens to drag you under and looks at you like their world would end if you ever turned and walked away. Could you condone the actions of a merciless killer just because their touch makes the evil of the world disappear until all that is left is pleasure and ecstasy?

Isla Cormack faces these choices. Her love for Jake Devine is untouchable, pure and undeniable but just when she comes to the conclusion that Jake isn’t a bad man deep down, that his life and even her life has shaped him into the cruel man he is today, both their pasts come back to haunt them, opening secrets that have been buried so deep they threaten to shred any hope of a future together and tearing them so far apart that the chasm between them is impossible to cross.

Isla thought her life had been one long nightmare. She soon finds out that the hell life threw at her is nothing compared to the death and destruction Jake Devine brings with him.

This book contains extreme graphic violence, explicit sexual scenes and strong adult language.


Amazon US: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V7FR0XW
Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00V7FR0XW
Amazon CA: http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00V7FR0XW
Amazon AU: http://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B00V7FR0XW

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24310050-surrender?ac=1

11134337_10205942246010948_1028610201_n.jpg
Loyalty (Devine #1.5)

A Devine series book. #1.5
Thirteen years ago, Adam Marshall turned his back on everything and everyone, including the love of his life, Carrie Duke.
One day changed his life and led him into the Devine family.
Now, years later, that day is coming back to haunt him. But the trouble with the ghosts of your past is that they tend to blur the lines of your life so much that the lyrics no longer sing the same song they once did and previous truths turn into shocking disclosures and admissions.
However, the years have changed who they once were. Adam chose the path into a life of violence and illicit activity while the girl who had fought beside him as a teenager chose a very different path, one that is so far from who Adam is now that their joining can only be a catastrophe in the making.

This book contains scenes of graphic violence, explicit sex scenes and strong language.

Amazon U.S: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VW8R9LM
Amazon U.K: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00VW8R9LM

25468625.jpg
Title: Conviction
(Devine #2)
Published: May 24,  2015
Devine, Conviction is book 2 in Jake and Isla's story. You must read book 1, Devine. Surrender, before reading this volume. Thank you.

Our choices can change. Our lives can change. Our views can change. But can our hearts ever change what they feel?
No matter how hard we try to choose the right way forward, our destinies are planned out from very early on, our lives mapped out the way fate deems fit for us. Our beliefs will always be varied but we all remain headstrong and wilful in our selfish views… that is until what you thought was fact proves to be fiction and what was unquestionable now blurs the lines of reason.
Or hope becomes misery and love becomes hate.

In the conclusion to Jake and Isla’s story, the road to hell seems to be the easiest route available when truths turn into lies and loyalty turns to betrayal. But is their love stronger than the hatred inside them? Are their souls tough enough to survive the explosion and is their passion strong enough to endure the agony?
It’s time for Jake and Isla to fight together, for one another and then finally… against each other.

This book contains violence, scenes of descriptive sex and strong language. It also contains mild substance abuse.

Amazon US: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XZDHJSK
Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00XZDHJSK
Amazon CA: http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00XZDHJSK
Amazon AU: http://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B00XZDHJSK


10169183_10206579931912697_1435953020965302760_n.jpg
Writing with Ker Dukey.
Title: I See You
Published: July 15th, 2015

This is a DARK novel, 18 only. Standalone title.


I watch you, I see you in ways no one else can, and through my lens I create a life of you for someone to dissect. I capture you in your vulnerability; that smile, your laugh, those tears. I document you and sell your secrets.

When I watch you through my lens you’re mine until I pass you to the buyer. I, like most people, have a fetish for pretty things and in my job I get to be around a lot of pretty things. They pay me to watch them and capture them in a frame for many purposes, and sometimes I like my profession a little more than I should.

I took a job to capture her… I wanted to capture and keep her in more than just the image. This time I will take myself away from the lens and become the client because I cannot resist her, she reminds me too much of my first, I need to have her.

Traumatised from a vicious attack, Nina Drake finds herself shut off from the world until her neighbour brings her out of more than just her nightmares. Even after moving and changing her name, she still can’t shake the feeling of being watched. The memories are so close.

And so is the shadow of the creator of them all.

Amazon CA: http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0116LBLZY
Amazon AU: http://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B0116LBLZY

No comments:

Post a Comment