Friday 31 July 2015

An Interview with Caitlyn O'Leary in aid of the SINsational Siren Showcase Event

An Interview with Caitlyn O'Leary by Roses & Violets Book Reviews


Caitlyn O'Leary was raised in a small town in the Pacific Northwest. She has been an avid reader. Her earliest creative writing endeavors consisted of "ghost writing" exercises in which she pretended to be her younger brothers and sisters when she did their homework assignments before they turned them in as their own.

Years in corporate America honed her ability to manipulate words by day, and at night she read everything she could get her hands on, including many, romances!

Happily married to her long, tall Texan and living in Southern California, Caitlyn has finally found the time to write very steamy happily-every-afters for Siren/Bookstrand.

She has just started writing the Found series. It's a bit Paranormal, a bit Sci-Fi and 100% Action/Adventure. The characters have special abilities, that make them targets. 

She loves to hear from her readers. caitlyn@caitlynoleary.com

I asked on facebook for people to give me some questions I could ask in Interviews and they obliged readily.  Some were a little unusual to say the least.  I asked Caitlyn these questions.........

Me - What inspires/inspired you to write?
Caitlyn - I’ve always loved to read. It was reading some books where I wished for a better ending for the hero and heroine that really got me off my butt to write. Plus I had more spare time.
Me - What’s the hardest part of being a writer?
Caitlyn - Finding balance. Juggling my job , my family and my writing.
Me - If you could write with anyone who would it be and why?
Caitlyn - I wouldn’t want to write with anyone. I’m too stubborn. Maintaining my friendships with my fellow authors is too important.
Me - How do you get the names for your characters?
Caitlyn - Sometimes I meet people and really love their names. Often times I will go on an internet search of popular baby names.
Me - Have you ever met someone in real life that inspired a character in one of your books? If so what was it that inspired you about them?
Caitlyn - A lot of my characters are people I admire. So, they have a lot of traits of my friends and family, who I think are great. For example Butch and Betty of Fate Harbor have the kind of love and kindness that my parents have.
smile emoticonA man came into where I worked and I absolutely melted the minute he looked at me. When he came back a week later to ask me out I made sure he saw my wedding ring and said no, but he serious daydream/writing material.
Me - Have you ever given someone you don’t like a role in your book just to kill them off? Or would you like to?
Caitlyn - Yes, I did this for a friend of mine’s ex-husband, LOL
Me - Do you listen to music while writing? Do you listen to different types depending on the sort of scene you are writing?
Caitlyn - Yes. I listened to “Drink a Beer” over and over again while writing Trusting Chance.
Me - How did you feel getting your first 5 star review?
Caitlyn - I was walking on Air. Thank you Marie Brown.
Me - If you have gotten a 1 star review did you feel like stabbing them in the eye with a fork?
Caitlyn - Nope, I knew it was my fault.
Me - Are you a supporter of no undie Sunday?
Caitlyn - Well I am a supporter of one day a week of commando, so yes I can support no undie Sunday.
Me - Do your family know you write the genre you write?
Caitlyn - Yep, family knows. They think it is hilarious, and are very supportive.
Me - Is there a genre you don’t yet write in that you would like to?
Caitlyn - Not so far no.  
Thankyou very much to Caitlyn O'Leary for answering my unusual strange questions.
If you feel like checking out Caitlyn's books take a nosey at her Amazon page  
Or if you feel like stalking her Facebook page
Caitlyn O'Leary is one of the Erotica authors participating in the SINsational Siren Showcase event on facebook EVENT PAGE


No comments:

Post a Comment